German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 13 week old puppy loves gnawing on these, and I only gave her one before and took it away after like 15 min because she was making the floor a mess.

I want to give her one again today in her crate while I"m here. After she eats the meat off, there isn't much, how long is it okay to leave the bone out before it starts to grow bacteria or go bad? She's not strong enough to break it open and eat all the marrow out in one sitting, so would leaving it out all day be okay, or could it be her treat for a few days and I should refrigerate it when she's not eating it?

Sorry I never feed raw, but she loves it because the breeder used to (i have a small freezer, didnt want to take that on yet)

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I freeze them. Dogs have access for about 30mins when I give them, which is enough time for them to start to thaw making a mess- so I simply feed them on an old bed sheet (easily washable). Then I take them away and put them back in the freezer. For my adult, a cow knuckle will last two sessions before I toss it. My puppy has yet to experience this goodness...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are currently frozen right now, but okay, I'll try giving her one for 30 minutes and then putting it back up, I jsut wasnt sure if refreezing them would be a bad thing to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts