German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I free feed my pack with dry kibble all day but everyday for lunch i steam brown rice,carrotts,potatoes and toss in tomatoes...all my dogs love tomatoes....once a week i give them each a chicken or pheasant carcuss to eat,1 each....for dinner they get chicken gizzards,beef liver and tripe....i also get raw bones from the slaughter house once a month for their chewing needs,i have always given my teething pups carrotts and my homemade jerky to teethe on....i cook seafood for me and my husband weekly and give them the skin and any leftovers. And during fishing season they get to eat as much fish as all of us catch...remember there are 14 in my pack...any ideas how to make the diet more interesting,healthy or anything wrong with what i do? They also love oranges and lemons,although i try and eat all my lemon myself.....just curious,my husband doesnt think i'm sane and i would love some reassurance

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I don't see anything 'wrong' with how you're feeding. Since the majority of their diet is kibble balance isn't too much of an issue and it seems like your dogs get a lot of variety. Personally I would cut back on veggies/fruits and substitute more meat but it's not like it hurts them to eat veggies/fruits. I would probably work in some pork and beef cuts if possible. Do you go hunting? Venison is great. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts