German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,828 Posts
The Wells Ross? I know a lot of working line people that use it. I'm feeding it to a puppy right now. You can send Tiffany a message and ask her specifics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the blends and stuff on there seem to be fairly cheap per pound. I was just asking compared to different places. It’s for sure cheaper than commercial raw. Do you use them, and are you happy with it?

·
Registered
31,828 Posts
I just answered that question. If you have questions, contact Tiffany.

The Wells Ross blends are less expensive because you aren't paying a dog food rep that sells it to the pet store that marks it up to $5-$10 per pound. Same thing as the Tefco dog food. It goes from the manufacturer to the distributor.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The co op food (Tefco in particular, I'm unfamiliar with the other one) use lots of bad fillers like soy and rice. That's why they're so cheap.

·
Registered
31,828 Posts
@237harley

If you send me a PM, I'll send you link and info for raw contacts. I had a response written last night and this site crashed and lost it...again. I don't have time this week to help you. Slammed at work and organizing a training seminar at my place this weekend. I can't help you until next week. But contacting Tiffany would be a good start for you.

·
Registered
31,828 Posts
Tefco has rice HULLS. Not rice. Rice hulls are used as insoluble fiber, vital for many reasons of intestinal health, not as a filler. Let's understand what the ingredients are, the order of the ingredient in the list to determine percentage and the purpose of them before giving inaccurate information.

Harley - The owner of the Tefco brand is very open and willing to explain if you would like to contact him. That food wasn't just created with scraps in someone's backyard. A nutritional expert created it. Always best to talk to the source directly instead of taking internet chatter as fact. ☺

1 - 10 of 10 Posts