German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was walking same and his ears were down and i met this guy on the road who told me to give him raw eggs and it will help shane get his ears up nice and hard.
can i do that ? mix it with kibble

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Never heard that but raw eggs are highly nutritious (my dogs get one every day). There is a school of thought which says that extra calcium helps with ear set, which would mean you'd just give your dog the whole egg including the shell - but I have no data to back this up, it's just something I heard along the way.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
if you give your dog the shell pulverize it. we gave
our dog egg shells but it had the consistency
of garlic powder after grounding.

Never heard that but raw eggs are highly nutritious (my dogs get one every day). There is a school of thought which says that extra calcium helps with ear set, which would mean you'd just give your dog the whole egg including the shell - but I have no data to back this up, it's just something I heard along the way.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought I was going to go crazy waiting for our younger GSDs ears to go up. Once we started feeding him raw chicken, along with his kibble, his ears started to go up and have stayed up. Chewing and chewing all those bones up helped worked the muscles necessary for the ears to stand erect.
Just my experience, not a hard fact.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
if you give your dog the shell pulverize it. we gave
our dog egg shells but it had the consistency
of garlic powder after grounding.
Is there a reason to pulverize it? I've always just fed the shell whole after cracking it open for him. Sigurd always crunches it really good...:confused: I figured in the wild if they ate eggs they'd eat them whole, so I didn't need to crush it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts