German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am getting my new 8 week German Shepard puppy in 2 weeks and I wanted to do a half kibble half raw food diet. Could I give her kibble for breakfast and lunch and raw for dinner? I just want to know what is the best way of feeding her both diets to minimize any gastr-intestinal issues.

Thank You

Lisa

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would suggest doing "days" if you want to do half/half. So on Monday give her a kibble food and on Tuesday give her a raw diet. But each dog will be different and their insides will handle everything different. Bruce as a puppy had intestines of steel, he could eat anything and be fine. But some other dogs are sensitive, so you just have to adjust accordingly. Watch poops carefully.

Remember to start out with whatever food the breeder gave them for a few weeks. Their body will be under stress from being taken from the litter and from being put in a new environment, so I would strongly suggest giving them just breeder kibble for two weeks. Then starting with raw once a week, twice a week, three times a week, and slowly move up to the ratio you'd like to maintain.

Would also suggest a commercial raw while they are a puppy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts