German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,
Im reaching out to get feedback on my feeding routine and hear if I need to make any adjustments...

Ghost is 9 months and 20 days, and Fromm suggests 3 cups daily so he eats 1.5 cups twice a day + an ounce of goat milk at each service (2 oz daily)

I dont want to underfeed, as hes developing and growing...
I dont want to overfeed, because of the development (joints etc)

How does he look?

Ghost 9m20d
by Jon L, on Flickr

Ghost 9m20d
by Jon L, on Flickr

Ghost 9m20d
by Jon L, on Flickr

Ghost 9m20d
by Jon L, on Flickr

Ghost 9m20d
by Jon L, on Flickr

Ghost 9m20d
by Jon L, on Flickr

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice the bulk of his mass is around his upper body where the ribs are then a distinct dip into the hip area, where hes rather "fit/skinny" then the muscle shape on his legs.

My biggest concern was how fast he devours his food and then continues licking the bowl for a minute or two, which made me think perhaps he was underfed and hungry.... hes a monstrous chewer, (on toys etc) and insists on chewing mulch grass whatever he finds outside, not sure if its being a puppy or hunger....

just want to do the right thing without doing the wrong thing!

ahhhhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Nicely defined waist, and not "ribby" -- it looks like he falls in the "just right" category to me too.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Yes, he looks just right. He shouldn't get any heavier. I like the look of his joints on his front legs too; not bulky at all. Healthy dogs with good appetites always clean out their bowls. Don't use that as an indication for feeding him :). I don't go by the bag's recommendations but by the dogs' body condition. This also goes for their evening raw meals; sometimes they get more, sometimes less, depending on this.
I keep Griff a tat leaner than your dog because of his one Pano episode (so far).

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ghost looks just about perfect to my eyes! I am curious as to what his weight and height is.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much everyone for all the replies! I’m glad to hear I can keep doing what I’m doing!

His last weight check about 4 weeks ago was 54 pounds, I expect he’s gained a few more since then! His husky side is keeping his size down... but we love him anyways ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts