German Shepherds Forum banner

(Rant warning) Explaine to me why its illegal to beat someone for stupidity...

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  EchoGSD 
#1 ·
I really really want to beat my uncle over the head. I just got down ranting at him. I was in my room and heard the dogs start barking and growling. Ugh so I go out in the kitchen where they are outside and what do I see? My asshat uncle dressed in a costume teasing the dogs. He has them so riled up that Jericho looks like he is about to have a complete melt down and he has his ears pinned and is snarling at him. :mad: I tell him to knock it off. And of course I get the whole "I wasnt doing anything wrong." :headbang: Seriously I dont care if you play with the dogs by all means go play but don't tease my dog. This is the dog I have had to work with daily to turn him from a very bad biter into a good member of the family. I dont need you harassing him back into old habits.

Okay after the little speech I go over to the dog and try to calm the dogs down and what does he do... he grabs me from behind and Jericho lost his mind and slammed into our sliding glass door so hard he knocked it off track... I yell at my uncle push the door back on track and check jericho who has a small amount of blood dripping out of his nose... by this point I am livid. I march back intot he house and tell him to never do anything like that again. He started argueing with me and i'm like no! what if he got him riled up like that and caused him to go after anyone with a costume and mask on? It could be a child he goes after next and then what? Not going to happen. I informed him that I will not let my dog die because he was an asshat and decided it would be fun to harass him.

I'm sorry but that just annoys me to no end and everyone but my mom and I do this crap to the dogs... between the two of them they weigh over 150lbs and they know it. What makes someone think it's fun to tease dogs that could do a large amount of damge if they decided to forget their manners and go after you? Not smart. i seriously need a clue-by-4 education class for my uncle.
(/rant)

I can not beat someone for being stupid.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes you can beat someone for being stupid.....just do so inside your house so no one see's:D My BIL thought it was cute to grab and rough house with my son until my GSD came within an inch of his face- now he listens to me. Also, if it is your house and not his you can always show him the door and explain reentry means following your rules;)

#4 ·
The sad thing is he lives here too. Its a four bedroom house with me, my mom, my aunt and my uncle. I'm still in school to be a vet tech and so I'm still here but once I am done with school I am so gone. So I can't kick him out. But I like to day dream about it. lol.

#7 ·
HIM! :eek:

That was just an incredibly stupid thing to do and then to top it off by grabbing you. All of you could have gone thru that glass door or someone could have been seriously bitten.

Hopefully your dog is stable enough to recover from that incident and realize that not everyone is a threat.

Give him a good kick for me!

#9 ·
Jax- yeah Jericho calmed down after all this. I think it helped that as I was yelling at my uncle he pulled off the mask and Jericho was able to see who it was. What gets me is he was in a full robe with a maska nd gloves behind glass there was no way Jericho could have known it was him. He didnt look like him and the glass makes it to where he could smell who it was.

#11 ·
Yeah he better be glad it's thick double paned glass. Jericho could have done some massive amounts of damage.

On a side note though appearently the whole worring about kids isn't needed we had trick or treaters and he was happy to see them. One kid with his mom asked if he could pegt him and the mom said it was okay with her if it was with me and i said okay the little kid practically tackled Jericho who just licked him and made cute little whiney I love you noises.

#13 ·
Yeah I was worried about that too. But Jericho is the type of dog his leg cout be dangling by a thread and if he thought I was in trouble he would fight tooth and nail for me.

The dog LOVES kids. A lot of kids are very shy around him but he tends to make them love him in the end anyway lol.
Here's a picture of him from about a week ago. Its hard to tell from the picture but he is a gaint, 12 month old puppy.

#17 ·
I have said it before and I will say it again, you can't fix stupid! (Thank you Ron White). My good friend had a hubby (now an ex) who used to tease my chow many years ago. She was very sweet for a chow but she hated him and no wonder. I used to tell him to stop and if he got bit then I was not going to stop her. He said if she bit him then he would kick her. Of course I told him if he did I would shoot him!!!

#18 ·
i would have hit him. My uncle jim did something similar and i decked him for it.

#22 ·
My nephew tried that once years ago....he came at us through the back doorwall wearing a gorilla mask. He wasn't trying to antagonize the dog (we had a female GSD at the time, she was just about a year old), just trying to scare us...we got the last laugh when the GSD chased him back out the door and across the yard, her barking and him yelling and all the while wearing the gorilla mask. Sigh...where are the video cameras when you need 'em?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.