German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Holding still was not part of his plans..

And figuring out how much better it feels to pull on the harness than a collar. This will be his Joring harness.

Demanding I throw another seashell to him.

The expression says it all..

The harness is from Brown Dog Designs. The collar is from Blocky Dogs.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Bright colours!! :) Love the first photo :wub:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one of my favorites of him too.

The harness came out pretty nice, I definitely trust it, and he seems to like it a lot too.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
J is a hunk :) He looks good in purple. That's the Stillwater padded walking harness? If so, is that the large (and dogs J weigh more than 60 lbs?)?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't go with the Stillwater one because I didn't think it would fit (J is a good 20lbs over their biggest harness weight) and I haven't gotten a reply from Shane. This is from BrownDog Designs:
BDD Harnesses

It did take a good while to get here, but it is really nice. She'll likely ask for measurements and then make you a harness, if it doesn't fit she will replace it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I didn't go with the Stillwater one because I didn't think it would fit (J is a good 20lbs over their biggest harness weight) and I haven't gotten a reply from Shane. This is from BrownDog Designs:
BDD Harnesses

It did take a good while to get here, but it is really nice. She'll likely ask for measurements and then make you a harness, if it doesn't fit she will replace it.
Thanks for the link!! I have never heard of them but will check them out. Shane's always been quick to reply, but I can never get him to answer my questions LOL It is always a "it should work" or a "that is fine" from him.

The Stillwater ZK leather harness fits dogs up to 80 lbs I think... is J 100 lbs?? If so, HOLY CROW! For a trim and fit dog like him, that is huge. He's certainly grown up.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh heck no! He's around 85 last I checked, he's be a heck of a monster if he was 100. LOL

However I wanted a running harness that would give him freedom to move his shoulders, so I wanted the padded walking harness, and that only goes up to about 60. I like the look of the leather ones, but I decided to just go with the BDD one so I can pop it in the washer. He likes to be dirty, every given chance. A friend showed me the difference in how her dog could run in the BDD harness VS another harness that was not designed to give free movement, and that sold me. And the vast array of colors and choices BDD offers.

It took over a month (almost two) from the payment to the time I got it. And I've been hearing that from others. Good products, but it's a good thing I wasn't relying on her 20 work day shipping policy.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
LOL! Now that makes more sense!!

I have the same opinion on harnesses - leather is my favorite aesthetically, but the lined harnesses for free movement would always be my go to for running/sports. Might have to get one of those too :whistle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts