German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a GSD forum but I was wondering if anyone here has ever had experience with FeVL cats or kittens. Yesterday I took in a litter of 3.5 foster kittens with a mom that was mistakenly placed with them. The mom came in a few days before these kittens came in and she originally had a litter that was 6 weeks old and eating. Unfortunately the shelter I volunteer at is so understaffed and this has been such an awful kitten season for them and they were out of foster homes (Hence my first time fostering) and someone messed up and never checked mom cat to see if she had FeVL and one of her kittens last night was checked by the vet before going into foster because it seemed sick and sure enough was FeVL+. I got a phone call from the vet to remove mom from kittens immediately and that there may be a chance that kittens do not contract the disease or fight it off. I was just wondering what are the chances of them possibly being ok and are there options for FeVL+ cats? I will have to keep them for 2 months until they can be tested and if they are positive that means PTS. I want to give them the best chance but I also want to be realistic. Oh and mom went back this am and was +. Any advice would be great!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts