German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should I raise a 2 week old puppy?
They are being fed Goats milk right now. But is there anything that would be better?
The lady told us empty soda bottles filled with warm water in there crater will make them relaxed. And Years ago I think I recall reading a dog book saying something about them old ticking wind up alarm clocks are good to use under a blanket because they think its there mothers heart beat.

Does anyone have any other information to share with us that will better the health of the puppies? or even links to sites that will help guide us?

Any information is Good Information. THank yall

The pups are from a Vet lady friend. The vet had the mother dog brought in because the owners were *^$&*$% people. The mother had given birth to 5 pups, #6 got stuck and #7 was not able to come out because of #6. The vet took her in on his own. removed the dead pups, fixed the mother and soon after. She passed away. SO to give them the best life they could have. Our lady friend took the pups into her home. Even though she cant have dogs in her house(landlord). So she asked and I could never say no. And my wife was all googley eyed at how small and bottle feeding they were. This is a long story short. But its what we have to do to help. Ill add pictures later on tonight.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I agree with puppy milk replacer. And, baby rice cereal. In another week you can start transitioning them to a good quality puppy food and milk-replacer.

Keep them warm, and be carful they don't suck on each other too much -- in that respect the bottle feeding is probably helpful. Do you still have to stimulate them to get them to urinate and deficate, or they doing that on their own?

It's a big job. Lots of feedings. And I would definitely have a kitchen scale to weigh them on, so I could follow the weights.

What happened to the other three live pups?

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
There is a picture size limit of 800 X 600 on the forum. Can you resize and repost?

I also moved the thread to the breeding/raising a litter section as you will be needing the advice of experienced breeders for these pups.

Good luck!

ADMIN

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Actually, goats milk (fresh - not processed) is as close to the bitches milk as you can get. I use it if I have to bottle feed or supplement any of my Crested puppies and I use it when I transition them to whole foods.

Offer them food every 2-3 hours, wipe their anus and penis/vagina with a soft cloth dipped in warm water to stimulate them to go potty (mom uses her tongue). Keep the area where they are around 80 degrees (they can't regulate their body temperature yet).

I transition my pups to whole foods at 4 weeks of age.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a picture size limit of 800 X 600 on the forum. Can you resize and repost?

I also moved the thread to the breeding/raising a litter section as you will be needing the advice of experienced breeders for these pups.

Good luck!

ADMIN
Oh wow, Thanks. I did not see that link. So I just figured "general" was a safe place. But you are right. Thank you. As for the picture, Im sorry about that. I thought it was beter for your hosting service if the pics were linked to my photobucket. Vs. using up your servers space. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts