German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Put on two coats :D Also, good excercise will raise your body temperature.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
We also had a rainy day in the Pacific NW. So the dogs had fun in the creek and tall wet grass. Only if you have a sight hound can you legally stay inside on wet and cold days. You just have to toughen up and get winterized like your dog.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well, I got a Husky-Shep mix here, and it is raining here, too (but warm).

He chose the "short loop" for his walk tonight - did most of the loop at a trot, did a big pee in one spot, and came straight home!
Has a thick double Siberian coat and all...but he doesn't like to get wet!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
We don't have the ice that Michigan is getting but the brisk wind and driving rain kept us inside also. They were wet sodden messes every time they came in. My girls will be fine, we'll be out soon enough.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We don't have the ice that Michigan is getting but the brisk wind and driving rain kept us inside also. They were wet sodden messes every time they came in. My girls will be fine, we'll be out soon enough.
The wind was terrible! Not to mention our yard was a flooded muddy mess! Zelda didn't even want to go out in it, we got our outdoor time on Thursday and Friday :grin2:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I know how you feel. Sat horrid winds rain, ice and then Sun 6 in of snow here in SE Wisc. Ozzy does not like going out at night but he has no choice. He’s learning the faster u go potty the faster u get in the house.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think one day of hanging at the house is ok. We go out every day. Zeus was ok with it he was just hanging with us. We trained and played ball in the house. I do have thick skin and can handle the cold. But freezing rain blowing in your face nope I am not doing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts