German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend my flyball club Marin Running Riot hosted a tournament at the Marin Humane Society to benefit their Behavior and Training Department. One of my teammates is the Director of the department and two other teammates work at MHS too, so the shelter allows us to practice on their agility field each week. We usually make a donation each year, but this year we decided to do a benefit tournament instead. There were tons of great raffle prizes donated, and it was really nice to host a tournament on our home field, where all our equipment is stored.

A good time was had by all, and in addition to running the tournament we raced four teams. On Saturday there were 39 races (5 heats each), and our club was in 24 of the races so we were VERY busy! On day two we were also in 24 races, but there were 51 races, with 4 heats per race, so it wasn't quite as crazy. All our dogs ran well, and in fact all four teams won their divisions both days! :groovy:

Here are some pictures I took Sunday morning:

The raffle booth with our sign

Judging table

You can't tell in the picture, but in that building on the left at the back of the field there are chickens, and on the other side of the chain link fence directly behind the ring there's a goat. :wild:

Crating area, inside the training pavilion

The judge, who we fly in from Canada

Junior ball shaggers

My teammate Michelle, with Jasmine

The only picture I have of Halo, who was posing by the box while Michelle was working on camera settings to take a group photo

Last but not least: Marin Running Riot:

Back row - Dawn with Ringo, Jiva, & Loki, me with Halo, Roger with Chauncey, Virginia with Cowboy and our judge Lea.

Front row - Carrie with Rico, Mollie with Riley & Ninja, JJ with Page, Emma (on the box), & Jinx, Cassidy with Izzy, Heather with Xena & Rou, and Sam with Cuda, our fastest dog. Missing is Michelle with Jasmine and Cannon because she was taking the picture. There are two pictures with her and Jasmine in them that Lea took for us, but in order to get the dogs' attention Lea said "RRRRRRREADY?!?!?!?!" in a big loud flyball voice, and they all went crazy barking for several minutes. It was pretty funny, but we decided that maybe that wasn't the best word to use, lol, and we didn't get the dogs lined up as nice for those shots, so some of the dogs in the back row aren't visible.

·
Super Moderator
32,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that prior to this tournament Halo was just 104 points from earning her Flyball Master title, which she got in her very first race Saturday morning! :happyboogie:

·
Super Moderator
32,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flyball is really fun, I'm totally hooked and Halo loves it! It's a lot of work hosting tournaments and I was pretty fried after spending 4 hours helping to set up the field on Friday, then being there 12+ hours both days, and having to break everything down Sunday night. I have a Fitbit that tracks the number of steps I take and miles walked, and for those 3 days combined I logged over 25 miles! :eek: I'm looking forward to going to the next few tournaments that will be hosted by other clubs.

The weather was perfect - a bit cool and foggy in the morning, but once the fog burned off it warmed up to the high 70's/low 80s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts