German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon me for venting but I think this is kinda crazy...

I was 30 days late on my rabies vaccine for lexi, she had one a year ago. The County hit me with the $10 registration, $10 late fee, and a $35 Citation fee. Thats on top of $30 for the shot. I'm really tempted to call the city and tell them she was hit by a car so they'll take her out of the books. I get the vaccine's done, I'm just busy and have to make appts. with the vet to get them done. I don't think 30 days should warrant that kind of action.

Curtis

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Wow! That is crazy... Is that 'late fee' for the rabies vacc or for the dog license?

Here we have city dog licenses, but they are not really required. If you get a license one year but not the next they don't even send you a reminder let alone a 'late fee'! Most people don't even get a dog license for their pets. Really I think the only people who regularly get one are those who want to get a dog park permit because a city license is required to get one. Aside from that the only benefit is that they will call you if your dog winds up at Animal Control, and if your dog winds up there and is not licensed you have to pay a higher fee to get them released, plus pay for a license to have them released (and a rabies vacc if you don't have proof of that.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts