German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm not only new to this site, but new as a german shepherd owner. I got Mack for my fiance' a little over a week ago, he was only 3 months old. Mack was already such a loving and loyal puppy when he was taken from us. He filled us with so much happiness and love. I can't believe how fast it happened. My fiance' and I are so heartbroken, this was our very first puppy. We are looking for any kind of advice or support on how to deal with this kind of loss. I can't believe how bad this hurts. We loved him so much.

Rest in Peace Mack...We Love You.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
OMG what happened to Mack???? do I have this right? he is in doggy heaven now at 3 months of age??? only just a little over a week you got him???

If I am right RIP Mack my heart is with you, I can't believe a puppy has died that early.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vet said he had a severe hookworm infestation. We had seen no signs of any symptoms until it was too late. Two hours after going to the vet, he passed away.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Im sorry to hear that he was taken from you so young.I cant really offer any advice as I still miss dogs ive lost in the past. It does get a little better as time goes but thoughts of them never leave. Every time its happened I swore id never get another dog and have to go through that again.

Then I run across one that I connect with and I end up bringing him home. Maybe in time you'll see another puppy that needs a loving home and he will help to fill the space in your heart.

Again im sorry to hear about mack.

rest in peace big boy..

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
OMG that is horrible
I am so sorry for your loss.
I still miss all my dogs that have passed
you need anything we are here for you

·
Registered
895 Posts
Where did you get him? Before getting him didn't the breeder deworm him?. I'm so sorry for your loss..

·
Super Moderator
32,283 Posts
I'm so sorry. RIP baby Mack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had got him from a friend who said he had his first round of vaccinations. However I wanted to take him to the vet and get him checked myself, along with the rest of his shots. But he passed before we could go.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of baby Mack.

You've found a site where folks know just how much this means, and how bad it hurts.

Perhaps you'll use this experience to help lead you to another pup that could use your love. If any of us can make recommendations for places to find a puppy (or an adult rescue GSD), things to look for, questions to ask of the breeder, we're here to help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just want to say thank you so so very much for all of your tender hearted comments for us . I am Macks mom and I am so broken hearted i can't seem to stop crying. It means so much to us to hear the sweet words from you all I will post pics so you can see how truly sweet our little man was!! Thank you!!!

love you my little daddy mack and miss you tons!!! R.I.P!! kisses and snuggles!

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
i'm so very sorry for your loss.
it is so undescribably painful, only others who have experieneced a similar loss understand and appropriately (is that the word i want?) sympathize.
we all share your pain.
it's especially sad for all when a puppy is lost.
prayers for the healing of your heart on the way.

rip sweet little boy.....

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of sweetie young Mack.
Please know that we all understand how this feels, and that we are here if you need to talk. Wishing you some comfort and peace during this rough time. RIP little Mack.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of little Mack, what a terrible shame. It seems that recently so many young dogs have gone to the Bridge, it just doesn't seem fair. My condolences to you all.

Rest in Peace baby Mack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys!!! It just hurts so bad we don't have any children Mack was our child !! I'm still a crying mess coming home is the worst I miss his sweet puppy kisses and his little wagging tail when we got home from work!! Thank you for the support . We loved our baby boy so much give your puppies love for us !!!!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Oh my gosh I am so sorry..... so young to be gone.

As always Tracy makes an excellent post about sharing your heart with another one day. I sometimes believe our pups leave too soon because they know there is another one that needs to be loved too.

(((HUGS)))

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you so much that means a lot!! We have lots of love to give he was our baby and we miss him horribly it's so weird and so quick that he was gone i think we are still in shock!!
hugs to all of you and puppy kisses from our little Mack

G

·
0 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost a dog at only 10 months once. I can certainly imagine how you'd feel with your boy at just 3 months.

I just want to encourage you to please consider seriously getting another dog - pup or adult rescue. Whichever is where your heart is at of course. And don't feel unkind to Mack or that you're "callous" or something if you do. When I lost my first dog I was so beside myself I didn't have another for three years. Later I came to feel that I had only cheated myself. As time has gone by and I've seen six GSDs of mine pass away in total I've come to feel that sooner is better. I've gotten another pup as soon as two days after one has passed on. It doesn't take away the hurt but it does give you something else to focus on and while doing so come to love and cherish the new life. I also believe that our dogs love us so much that they do not wish us to be without canine companionship and if they cannot be with us would likely want us to have another dog to care for us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very beside myself I just don't want to seem like i'm rushing another puppy cause nothing is going to take Mack's place but i see what you are saying thank you it's so hard !!

G

·
0 Posts
I'm happy my words were helpful.

No, another dog never takes the dog that was lost's place. Another dog is another round of happiness in their own right.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts