German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rügen survived his 9 hour trip home from Colorado and was amazing the whole time!

At 10 weeks old he is a very sweet, rough and tumble kinda guy. He is actually wearing out our Golden Retriever. (I never thought that was possible) They are like peas in a pod already. My Golden is so gentle with Rügen, I wish I could say the same about the little guy. It seems like every time we turn around he has another golden tuff of fur hanging out of his little mouth

I have already started imprinting obedience with him and I will introduce him to tracking this weekend. Schutzhund is going to be so fun with this little guy. He loves training so much already. To try to get him used to the cat I had him sit and was feeding him kibble (sit-stay) directly in front of the cat. It went well, no more barking for the time being. About an hour later I went to find the little guy and he was sitting in the kitchen just watching the cat! lol

Rügen

Rügen and His Proud big brother Lucky

Under constant supervision

Lucky 'letting' him win tug-of-war (sorta)

Playtime! (notice the mid-air reverse on Lucky's part)

Lucky's in LOVE!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
On your new addition!!!!
Looks like they are having a grand old time.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Look at that face, he is so handsome! What a great pair the two of them make!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally Posted By: myboysHi he's gorgeous, I'm from Colorado, just curious what breeder you got him at?
Hi and Thanks!

I got him from Five Peaks GSD. Elaine Holt was great to work with. She is a dog trainer as well as a small GSD breeder (4 bitches). She was always very upfront and quick to respond to any questions I had and continue to have. I haven't been involved in SchH before and she has been really helpful guiding me into it. She is active in Colorado's DVG club and owns Alpha Dog Training. The purchase of a pup from her includes 5 weeks of puppy classes at her facility. The pups are also come with a guarantee to get an OFA passing hip rating. She is very committed to the development of her pups and the betterment of the breed.

Her kennel is in Elizabeth, just about 20 mins South East of Denver. She has 2 litters coming up, both from import females (Cira, and an import bitch not on the site). The info on her site isn't up to date at all, but she is great at emailing pictures. I had a wonderful experience dealing with her and would recommend her to anyone wanting a German high line or looking for a dog trainer.

http://www.fivepeaksgsd.com/

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
How CUTE, especially the first pic and the last one with his new buddy Lucky!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
you and your dogs seem happy how nice. i have the same dog tag that's on Rugen. i have the paw with the orange back ground. both of your dogs are nice looking. how much fun is that having a pup and an older dog. it's extra nice that they're getting along so well. good luck.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
He's so cute! Congratulations! Love that picture where the goldie is letting him win at tug.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi Cara,

on such a cute guy!!

Wishing you all the best, I greet you from this part of the world!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Congrats! He is adorable!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts