German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like so many on this board, I also was terrified that my GSD ears would not stand. When he was a puppy, about 4 months they were standing. Then down. I started coming on here asking the same questions I see now. His ears would be up, crooked, lay on his head, one up one down and all kind of crazy things. Well, after he got about 9 months, ears went up just like the old timmers kept telling me. And they have never went down. The moral is, don't worry about it, they will stand. Sarge today.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Like so many on this board, I also was terrified that my GSD ears would not stand. When he was a puppy, about 4 months they were standing. Then down. I started coming on here asking the same questions I see now. His ears would be up, crooked, lay on his head, one up one down and all kind of crazy things. Well, after he got about 9 months, ears went up just like the old timmers kept telling me. And they have never went down. The moral is, don't worry about it, they will stand. Sarge today.

+1
Exact same experience

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Speaking of worrying, it seems I worry more about my present GSD than any other Ive had. He is my 5th one. I don't know why, first I worried about leaving him alone in the kennel all day. Then it was his diet, then his ears started flopping over, now its on to worrying about bloat and twisting his insides. I never really considered all that with my other dogs. May have been ignorance on my part or something to do with my age, dunno. It seems like I worry all the time if he'll turn out as good as my last dogs too. I need to stop worrying, your right.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, treat them with love and respect and you have a life long friend. I can't imagine life before Sarge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts