German Shepherds Forum banner

Quick Question

904 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Anubis_Star 
#1 ·
Things are still going good with Zoey on TOTW.:) I also give her a glucosamine/chondroitin with MSM and D3 supplement daily. My question is can I give her an aspirin daily? I give her one as needed when I know she is sore. But these last few days she's been sore a lot. ( because of rainy damp weather?)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#6 ·
Do NOT give aspirin. Certain vets will still recommend it, but I've personally seen dogs form gastric bleeds ad eventually die from it's use. There are much better drugs your vet can prescribe. Most vets feel strongly against using aspirin, it is not cleared through their body in the same way our body metabolizrs it.

Carprofen is rimadyl, a great anti inflammatory. Tramadol is also a good pain medication. You should see your vet and explain that sometimes your dog gets painful, and you would like to have something on hand to give when that happens

#8 ·
Thankyou all for the info. I am alittle worried now though. I did talk to the vet. She told me I could give her one adult asprin daily. That's 325mg a day! I also asked if this could cause health problems and she told me that it would be extremly rare. I like my vet but sometimes I feel like I know more than her. ( And I Dont know that much about dog health!) That's why I asked on here.

#9 ·
Some vets like I said still recommend it. Many consider that old school thinking. There are much safer medications that can be prescribed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.