German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Ruger likes to handle the meat a lot... If it's a bone, she paws it, uses her paws to hold it down, etc. etc.

Question is can she spread germs if her paws aren't wiped down? I can't find anything about it online... so I'm just curious.

Logic would tell me that she could spread germs around... dunno. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Timely question, I gave Little her first beef back rib today. I would say she LOVEd working on it.

I put her in her crate to eat it. and afterwards washed the bottom of the crate. Also, wiped off her paws just with warm wet paper towel...

I read about this issue somewhere , over the past few days.... Probably in this forum somewhere...unless it was on the RawDog ranch website.
The consensus seemed to be , not to woory too much about it.... Although some peoples aid they didn't give the raw bones for fear of the mess and bacteria question.

But I figure eating the raw bones in the crate is a controlled situation...small washable area....my girl did a good job of cleaning up after herself ! There was nothing visible on the crate...just the wet spots from her licking up the remains....

Who know what they stepped in when walking outside anyway?

I'll be interested in hearing others' thoughts on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts