German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been feeding RAW to my GSP and all has been well. I started with chicken and now she's eating Chicken, Pork, beef of course I'm alternating. I also give her calf liver and beef heart with an egg and a couple pumps of salmon oil. She has been itchy for quiet some time now, I feel like I'm doing everything right as far as feeding. She gain 5lbs since last vet check and that was about 3 weeks ago. She has a lot of energy, her teeth are nice and white, her poops are normal but shes itching so much and I got a feeling why. I went to my in laws and they have a dog which they feed kibble, very cheap kibble at that. They buy it from a pharmacy...lol they dog is always biting and itching all over. So with that being said my fiance found our pup eating the food and ever since we came back home she has been itching all over. I gave her a bath and still itching. I feel like I answered my question but i just would like to get others opinion and maybe Im not giving her enough of something or giving her too much of something or could it be from eating that cheap a** dog food. Some one help please.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could be a food allergy to the kibble. Itching isn't really a sign of allergies but thats just my thought.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You said its been quite some time now that shes itchy? how long ago did she eat the kibble? maybe going back and tracking the dates will help you to remember if she was itchy before the kibble. If she ate the kibble that long ago shouldnt it be out of her system? Just some things to think about. I hope you find out what it is, poor baby

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She never had this problem when we switch to RAW. I also remember going to my aunts house a couple days after leaving my in laws, and they also feed cheap kibble ALPO to be exact. i caught her eating that food as well, It's going on 3wks already and I read it can take up to 30 days for kibble to fully leave the dogs system.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
My guess is about half of all dogs develop allergies to the wheat and fillers in the dry food.. This shows up in joint inflammation, eyes, ears, coat shedding, hot spots and more....

Allergic reaction = Inflammation

Keeps the Vets in Business, but greatly shortens the life of our wolf packs... Further the preservatives and rancid oils and fillers, causes cancer, and the chemo or surgery is expensive... RAW is best, and in the long run cheaper. These dogs should live into their late teens in good fitness...

Kind regards, GSD Lover in Oz... :wub:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts