German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions if you don't mind , Helios turned 8MO this past friday. And I've noticed a few things:

Sometimes he goes nuts and will grab my arm with those wild puppy eyes like when he was younger :wild: no blood but then bruises will start to appear. I already have a few on my arms. I wanted to believe that finally he'd stopped but seems like he hasn't..Oh yea today he bit my butt.. Not that hard but still when I turned around to see him he gave me the 'C what I did there?' eyes..seriously i started laughing. And when he was chewing his bone he came to me with the bone in his mouth and suddenly he bites my leg instead of the bone I thot that he has mistaken but he kept doing that and i noticed those wild eyes I had to put him in the crate..

Is this some some kind of phase/boredom or what?

-When I walk him theres this pitbull in the avenue that will rush into the fence and helios gets scared and stops there. I don't want to push him instead we go to another stret.

-Then theres this other street where 3 dogs are next to each other's houses ( a gsd/ a pit/mastiff mix and a huge fila brasilero). I usually walk in the middle of the street and if i see a car passing by i move. So when we get to this street helios doesn't seem to like the idea of walking in the middle of the street with these 3 dogs barking and this is where he gets scared and wants to get to the sidewalk but as soon as we get in the sidewalk he doesn't care about the 3 dogs barking and it's not really that far from the middle of the street. It's like he rather walk on the sidewalk because he feels safer in the sidewalk when we're passing by these dogs but when we leave them behind he's happy walking again in the middle of the street

Is this some kind of fear stage at 8MO? Is it possible at this age?. Or is it just a puppy thing that I need to work on? He only acts like that with these particular dogs I named. I've thot of making him sit in the sidewalk so that he can get used or more likely desensitize him from these dogs.

I've also noticed him giving me his paw when I tell him to go down and when I make him go down with the leash he's like 'fiiiiine'..Teenager stuff
?

Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Oh yeah, definitely teenage stuff- also known as the 'butthead' phase!
Definitely Butthead stage. A return to the things you thought were gone, but are now in a big butthead body.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
butthead stage.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh boy...:wild: well At least I know that It's thanks to the 'butthead stage':rofl:
Though I've to admit it's kinda funny.. this morning he took a chri
stmas ornament off the stairs and suddenly i was watching my mom following helios around the house and of course helios was faster than her. He'd stop and as soon as my mom would get closer he'd give her the look and start running again i did nothing but laugh. :)

And if him being scared of those dogs is also thanks to this stage how long will it last?

Thanks BTW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts