German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am in Long Island. NY for the summer and the trainer I am using sells a variety of raw foods and a "dry" food called Abady.

It isn't kibble but it looks like brown sugar with fat in it. The company has been around since the 1970's and is privately owned. My dog is in love with the food and seems very comfortable and content with it.

He swears by it and uses it on his own dogs. His customers are also very happy with it.

Does anyone have any experience with this food?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Yeah, my dog did very well on it as a puppy. I added raw meat also. I'm not feeding it right now, but a lot of his siblings eat it and everyone I see is happy with it. You won't find much info about it on things like the dog food adviser because they won't provide them with any info on their ingredients and sourcing and if you look at the label and claims it doesn't really fit with what most people would think right now. The founder was a little out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
" it doesn't really fit with what most people would think right now "

You mean the conventional wisdom a dog is really a baby in a fur coat?

The ingredients are pretty straightforward but it isn't marketed in a fancy way. It comes in a cardboard box.

I don't think I ever made a food switch cold turkey before but I took his advice and I was white knuckled for a good 48 hours. Nearly perfect, small, hard stool and not much of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I meant. Yeah I agree. I chuckle when I read the websites of some pet food company, Fromm in particular.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts