German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Hello Friends,
1) My GSD 125 days old male. Now in the stage of losing puppy furcoat. His Tail is long till the ground and but not bushy why?
2) Is this going to be an Long Snout GSD?
3) Please Look at his back legs. Is it ok? i am posting his brother from first litter as well he has same legs.
4) He has bushy hair around his ears? Is my GSD going to be Long coat? Pictures attached.
Please help me. I am first time GSD owner :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Can you bring your puppy to places where he'll have an opportunity to climb, run freely up and down hills, and move around on very soft surfaces (loose dirt or sand)?

His pasterns - think of heel/ankle/wrist, on a human - look like they could use support through different types of exercise and perhaps diet as well, so he can grow and develop well. If you search this forum for "pastern" you'll find some different threads with some good info.

·
Registered
10,924 Posts
Holy crap. Someone do something about that poor dogs patterns. If that last picture is what they currently look like right now, you have bigger worries than how long his nose will be.
Just in case the OP doesn't realize that you meant 'pasterns' instead of 'patterns', which could be misinterpreted as
'coat patterns'

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Here are a few threads that you might take a look through, and there are many more if you do a quick search.

Each dog is different, but there are links, ideas, success stories, and different member's opinions in here.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/development-socialization/182706-correcting-down-pasterns.html

https://www.germanshepherds.com/for...ation/174578-paws-way-big-walking-elbows.html

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/health-issues/753771-4-5-month-old-pup-downed-pasterns.html

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
If the OP's pup does indeed have the same "legs" front and rear then the pasterns may suspect as well. A picture of the pup would help clarify. Walking on sand, rocks, and keeping them off slick surfaces can help with down pasterns. Look into diet as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Please post the parents names or the pedigree if you can, this helps. For the pedigree aficionados this can help get to a better guess vs a tiny amount of information contained in a picture. A picture can be worth a 1000 words they say but a picture and pedigree can provide 2000K. :)~

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All,
Thanks every one for Kind reply :) Here I have attached my GSD pics when he was Puppy(Still puppy :)). He as bushy hair around his Ears.So shall i expect this to be a long coat GSD?
Regarding Diet - I am feeding Royal Canin German shepherd junior 3 times a day + Chicken for Lunch with less rice = 4 Times a day. he is very active.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All,
Thanks every one for Kind reply :) Here I have attached my GSD pics when he was Puppy(Still puppy :)). He as bushy hair around his Ears.So shall i expect this to be a long coat GSD?
Regarding Diet - I am feeding Royal Canin German shepherd junior 3 times a day + Chicken for Lunch with less rice = 4 Times a day. he is very active.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
You can always pass the pastern information to your brother with regards to the last photo. All those photos are fuzzy and hard to see but your pups tail will fill out more with more hair fluff as he matures. It looks like he has some fluff around ears but hard to see- time will tell if smooth or long coat. Two to three years for a gsd to fill completely out. Germans shepherds have long muzzles varying in length. These are all questions you should ask your breeder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts