German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,448 Posts
Ruth, you may want to read a book or two also - I can recommend Raw and Natural Nutrition for Dogs - The Definitive Guide to Homemade Meals by Lew Olson PhD - Lew has been my guru for years on raw feeding, she has over 30 years experience and this is an excellent book. Very well written and very easy to understand, especially for someone like yourself who is just getting started. (Some of what is in the book is also on her website www.b-naturals.com ) Both Amazon.com (if you visit the website you can "look inside" and examine some of the contents) and Barnes and Noble have it discounted for just over $11, a real bargain for the info it contains. Good luck on your new venture - it is far and away the best thing you can do for your dogs!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

· Registered
3,448 Posts
I think it's up to you, if you are going to go cold turkey it doesn't really matter what kibble you are currently feeding - once I started feeding raw I never went back to kibble, so any I had in my possession at that time got tossed out or given to friends. I didn't start feeding raw though until I felt that I really had the hang of it. I spent quite a bit of time reading - another good book is "Switching to Raw" by Susan K Johnson. While not difficult once you get used to it, there are still subtleties with this diet -you will need to give some supplements for example - so as much knowledge as you can gather ahead of time will make that transition all the easier.

If you need additional info, please feel free to PM me!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD -waiting at the Bridge :angel:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.