German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do I feed my 8 weeks Sherman Shepard pup ? Do I fill the bowl ? And another I’m iffy about giving her dog food... which is better raw food with eggs or is it okay to give them dog food ???

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
How much do I feed my 8 weeks Sherman Shepard pup ? Do I fill the bowl ? And another I’m iffy about giving her dog food... which is better raw food with eggs or is it okay to give them dog food ???
Since I am going to guess you haven't read up on raw, stick with kibble for now please. You can change that down the road once you have had some time.
Find a good quality kibble and she needs to eat at least twice a day. You may need to soften it with warm water and the bag will have proper feeding amounts on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I am going to guess you haven't read up on raw, stick with kibble for now please. You can change that down the road once you have had some time.
Find a good quality kibble and she needs to eat at least twice a day. You may need to soften it with warm water and the bag will have proper feeding amounts on it.

Oh okay thank you! I haven’t gotten her yet ..I just wanna get prepared! :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The breeder should give you instructions; what the puppy is eating, how much, how often, the brands, etc. Contact the breeder so you can shop and be ready before you bring your new puppy home. Indigestion upsets can happen with a new dog when you change their food.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The breeder should give you instructions; what the puppy is eating, how much, how often, the brands, etc. Contact the breeder so you can shop and be ready before you bring your new puppy home. Indigestion upsets can happen with a new dog when you change their food.
Oh okay I believe she mentioned that when I went to go pick my Lucy :) thank you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Raw food done right is absolutely better than kibble. It can get a bit pricey depending on how you go about it, but I’d say it’s well worth it. Do some reasearch and weigh the pros and cons, and follow that up by an educated decision between the two. Anyways, good luck!

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Raw food done right is absolutely better than kibble. It can get a bit pricey depending on how you go about it, but I’d say it’s well worth it. Do some reasearch and weigh the pros and cons, and follow that up by an educated decision between the two. Anyways, good luck!

Raw may be a better choice, but the OP is bringing home a pup right away, no time to learn and to risky with a growing pup to chance missing key nutrients.
It can also be very costly and time consuming and it is not the best choice always.
I have a dog who is allergic to beef, currently on a lamb kibble. Imagine how pricey that could get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts