German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
969 Posts
Are the dogs being walked a couple of times a day where they could eliminate in other "designated areas"? Our designated area is about 15x15 but he's walked 3 times a day and so eliminates elsewhere very often. He's trained to eliminate only in wooded areas,saving lawns,walks and paths.

· Registered
969 Posts
My dogs always had their designated potty areas. Wolfie has a 10 x 10 potty area at our beach house. I spread garden lime and rake it in when I notice the smell. It isn't poisonous to dogs.

I found this answer on answers.com

Lime is used for gardening and disinfecting and drying out moist, smelly areas. It is a component of calcium carbonate and is used to enrich the soil or disinfect barns. It is not harmful to animals or insects of any kind. It is not a pesticide as some think. It only enriches the soil and helps vegetables or fruit grow better. Calcium Carbonate is a dietary supplement that many people take daily for their bones. However, do not eat lime as I'm sure the taste is awful. Anything in extremely large quantities will hurt anyone or anything. If your dog or cat licks it, rest assured they won't do it twice.

Powdered lime and not pelletized lime for uses other than soil amending.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.