German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change my picture for my avatar. I removed my old one, but now I am trying to put a new one. I have copied, pasted, and now it said your settings have been updated. I still don't see my picture. What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
are you using photobucket?

if so you have to copy the "direct link" under the photo instead of the "img" for the avatar

"img" is used for posting in threads, the "direct link" for avatars

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am using photobucket. I just tried it again, I copied the direct link under the picture. I am not sure I am copying it to the right place. Is it supposed to go where it says url to avatar?

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
yeah, it goes under "url" to avatar, make sure when you copy it it shows a yellow flag that says "copied" you can do it with the left click of the mouse on photobucket. And then click the "url" to avatar button under your profile on this site, then right click and paste the url.

If I am not making any sense you can pm me

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I totally understand and you are making sense. I guess it must be me. I just did all that and it said your settings have been updated, but I still don't see my avatar.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I can see your avatar. I found "show user's avatar" in preferences and it says yes. I'm telling you it must be me. lol

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Did you make sure the size is 80x80 or smaller and that it is saved with a "usable" extention of .gif, .jpg or .png?

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
I think you want to use the 2nd link under the picture, the one that says direct link
http://[b]img[/b].photobucket.com/albums/blahblahbalh

Notice it's says img where the first one is
http://[b]smg[/b].photobucket.com/albums/blahblahblah
and says smg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see the direct link and I know how to copy and paste it. Where do I find the sizes? I only see tiny, small, med., lg.
I really appreciate everyone trying to help me. I had done this a while ago and now I obviously forgot how I did it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I can't remember which one it is, but it's the one that is closest to 80x80

ETA: sizes are by the name of the size

1 - 12 of 12 Posts