German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bed to get for Duke and im wondering where i could find one big enough for him. I bought him one already and he ate it and it wasn't big enough for him anyway, but i dont want to buy one big enough for him and then he just eats it anyway. Can you guys help me out with some info and advice?

P.S. He is 9 months old now

·
Registered
384 Posts
From what I've read, at that age, don't waste the money :) It will become a toy and get chewed up.

Are you crate training? I'm just going to throw a dark, plush towel in his crate. When he gets older, then I'll buy him a "bed". You can buy a whole towel set at smart bargains for the price of a cheap "doggie bed".

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I just use queen size blankets for Delgado's crate and xpens, he loves to smush them up

I also got a big square bed from Costco for $20, I just opened it up and wrapped a mattress pad around the centre and zipped it back up. Nice size, comfy, easy to clean, and cheap to replace if needed bed! I call it his "lounge chair"

·
Super Moderator
32,693 Posts
Kuranda makes chewproof beds that are fantastic. There are stand alone styles, and also some that are made to fit inside a crate. I bought my first Kuranda 12 years ago, and a second one 7 years ago, and I'm still using both of them. Kuranda Dog Beds - Orthopedic and Chewproof

They're pricey, but for the quality and durability, it's well worth it.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I've gone through a lot of dog beds and after buying some very expensive "donut" style beds I've come to the conclusion that cheap Costco beds are the way to go. For the cost of an expensive bed ($200.00) that lasts a couple of years, I can buy 8-10 Costco beds over five years or so if I need to.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
While my dog can't be trusted with bedding unsupervised (he'll also eat towels if left in his crate with him, etc), he also won't really lay on a thick bed. He likes something thinner, so I bought a smaller high-pile area rug that is "his". Some dogs just don't like beds at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts