German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rowan is now 10 weeks old. My breeder told me to feed him a cup and a half three times a day. He would never eat that much so we took him down to a cup at each feeding. Most of the time he will not touch his lunch and we do good to get him to eat the cup in the morning and evening. So is the two cups a day he is eating alright for a puppy his age?

I also wanted to add that he has been wormed several times, and we will be going to see his vet soon for his second set of shots and I will talk to him as well over this.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
You have to look at your pup's body condition to decide if he's eating the right amount or not. If he's nice and lean, he's good. If he's chunky, he's eating too much. And if he's too skinny, he's not eating enough.

All dog foods have differnent amount of calories per cup and each dog has a different caloric requirement depending on their activity and metabolic levels.

·
Registered
262 Posts
No two dogs have the same eating pattern. I agree with what Elaine pointed out about kibbles differing from each other. Although I wanted to feed my 8 weeks old puppy thrice a day, he would eat only twice. So after a week of trying that, I swicthed to 2 meals a day and he is shaping up just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts