German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all..im a new member on this site and im soglad to be part of your community...i havea question regarding the number of bathe in a GSD if you are in a tropical country like here in the Philippines,were the weather is so hot sometimes reaching 37C...is it advisable to bathe my dog once a week?thank you so much

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Once a week is too much in my opinion. It stips too many of their natural oils out of their hair and skin and can irritate their skin.

I don't like to give baths more than every 3 weeks or more.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
HOWEVER. If you mean just spraying with a hose to cool down rather than using shampoo, that's fine! Dogs usually love water! You can also get a small "kiddie pool" and set it up for mini swims

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you somuch for the info.. =)

·
Super Moderator
32,312 Posts
Why are you bathing so frequently? If you're concerned because it's so hot, I agree that just hosing him down to cool him off is fine. I usually give my dogs a bath every month or two, which is much more often than many others do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are you bathing so frequently? If you're concerned because it's so hot, I agree that just hosing him down to cool him off is fine. I usually give my dogs a bath every month or two, which is much more often than many others do.
no im just hosing her now, im so worried she might get heat stroke.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no im just hosing her now, im so worried she might get heat stroke.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I bathe my dogs at least once a month. :) But if it's hot out, they just get water poured on them which they love.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts