German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this is the wrong section but I have a question. I have a picture of Torah's mom and I was wondering what breed/Breed(s) does she look like to you? I know what I was told she was but I can't be sure.

Picture-

·
Registered
626 Posts
She looks PB GSD to me, but I'm no expert by no means. :)

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Hard to tell from that picture angle.

She looks like a shepherd except her legs look pretty long and her ears, look a little short, more like a huskies. Again, bad angle in the picture.

What did they tell you she was? There are lots of combinations that can result in that look. (even a pb)

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Oh duh, forgot I could enlarge the picture. :)

She still has long legs, but might be young in that picture. Longcoat white? (she's got the right ears) She almost looks like our female without the feathering.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
She looks shepherd/husky or shepherd/wolf to me. Long legs, strange face, shorter ears.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Looks like there might be some husky in her, it is hard to tell from that picture. What sticks out to me is she is tied out! With that worn path it appears she spends alot if not all her time there. Not good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
What sticks out to me is she is tied out! With that worn path it appears she spends alot if not all her time there. Not good.
Stuck out to me too and agreed....Not good! :(

·
Registered
510 Posts
Exactly, regarding the tie out. That chain bothers me. Anyway, she looks like a WGSD with a touch of husky mixed in, which shows up in her pup's face and eyes. Both are very pretty.

·
Registered
936 Posts
bit of husky in there I think

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Looks like there might be some husky in her, it is hard to tell from that picture. What sticks out to me is she is tied out! With that worn path it appears she spends alot if not all her time there. Not good.
Not such a good angle - longer legs, shape of head and husky type ears.:confused:

BUT the thing that stood out for me right from the get go was the chain and the circular path. Not a healthy situation for this young dog :(.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know I wasn't happy about the tie out myself. But Lova (The Mom) isn't there anymore she got a new home up in the mountains where she gets to play in snow during the winter (Lucky Dog). I was told she (Lova) was a GSD/Wolf cross but I'm thinking she's a GSD/Husky cross. And Phillie (Tora's Dad) was a black GSD. And out of the litter Tora's the only one who looks like that. Everyone else was black.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i would agree with those who has suggest GSD husky mix. Her head structure to me says husky and her coat looks thicker than a GSDs would. Her ears arent right for a PB GSD either.

·
Registered
31,954 Posts
I am less concerned with the path than I am with the fence/chain combo. That is an accident begging to happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts