German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, something "funky" has been happening when I post.

What happens is:

If I type a reply to a thread in ALL CAPS

and then add this smiley :D

...When I see my post after posting it the caps have been removed and the smiley replaced with :d (which obviously isn't a "smiley" that can be used so it just winds up being a colon and a lower-case letter "d").

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ OK - that "test post" was initially written in ALL CAPS with the :D smiley and then I guess the board changed it to all lower case.

Is that just so I won't get overly excited and type my reply to how cute a puppy is in ALL CAPS??? LOL :)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I think its because typing in all caps can be very annoying, especially a long post! I've noticed this feature as well before, when I tried to type a short post in all caps. It does kinda stink that you can't make a post like "CUTE PUPPY!!!!" but I guess its preferable over the possibility of some essay length post in all caps!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
All caps is internet speak for shouting/yelling.
Like when you're mad and type in caps to get your point across.

I read a thread awhile back and when someone disagreed with the poster, they typed their reply in all caps. I found that incredibly rude, since it was obvious they were "yelling".

My guess is the board converts all caps to lower case automatically.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
ROFL!!!

In that case ...We need bigger letters too!! :wild:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I've only had it change from caps to lower case in the title box, never in the field of the message.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hey! Hey! Hey! What's all the shouting about?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
All right, all of you knock it off back there..........don't make me pull over.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I didn't see any Admin in here. Did you?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts