German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To obtain this you must have your dog qualify in Open B and Excellent B at the same show, 10 times....right?

Since most shows have 4 trials, would that mean this could be done theoretically in 2 and a half shows? Or would you have to attend 10 separate shows?

We're nowhere near ready for this.... I was just curious.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I am not sure about in Canada. I bet some of the Canucks on here can answer your question!

In the US, not many 4 trial shows as yet. But each trial is a trial unto itself. You would need to do 10 trials no matter how they are constellated at various shows. It could take only 2 and half shows if there were 10 trials there.

I had an acquaintance who got her UDX on a her Swissie in 10 trials. I believe the first Swissie UDX in the states also. Myself, can't hardly imagine 10 passes like that!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
The UDX title is very hard for most dogs and or Handlers, anything can and will go wrong. If you go to a 4 day show and Double Q in both Open B and Excellent B each day then you can earn your UDX title very fast.

No rules say you have to do this. You can go to a 4 day trial and Double Q just once and still be on your way to a UDX title.

Everytime you Double Q you're one day closer to your UDX title and you only need 10 Double Q's

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
It is a lot of work and expense too. When my friend's Swissie earned it in ten straight shows it was 20.00 an entry. So, 400.00 was the minimun in entries to get the title. Now the entries are even more and most of us will need more than 10 tries!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Most places around here you will pay close to 30.00 each day. Then you have motel stay/gas and food. Thats just at the top of my head what I pay for shows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts