German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Female Black and Tan 11 month old German shepherd named Nyka, and a 9 month old male White german shepherd named Tiki. I got Nyka when she was 8 weeks old got tiki when he was 3 months old. When I got tiki Nyka was 5 months old. They where about the same size. Now Tiki is a good 5 inches or more bigger then Nyka. Everyone says she looks like a mini shepherd. I'm wondering if she is normal size or small? or if she will get bigger? Heres some pics of comparison

shes 11 months in this pic

shes 9 months in this pic and hes 7 months

tiki is 8 months in this pic

nyka at 10 months

nyka 10 months tiki 8 months

tiki just looks massive compared to her :\

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i figured tiki is actually rather large. But everyone keeps telling me nyka is a mini shepherd. When I measured her to her top of the shoulderblades shes a little over 22" Tiki is a little over 27"

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
22" is a good size for a female. Most people who make comments like this don't know the first thing out GSD's, so take for comments for what they're worth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i got told by a few GSD breeders that GSDs arent supposed to be large. Tiki is rather large. so i wonder if they are just seeing other dogs like him and think that's how they are supposed to be?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
The male is over standard so that probably makes your female (who is within standard) look smaller. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts