German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I like Grizzley as well, but use the Alaskan Bear oil too as I can get it easily here. I have not seen a difference between the 2, I used the Grizzley for about a year and now the Alaskan Bear oil for year, no difference.

I also use vit E from the grocery store that is for humans. 400 I.U. per dog per day. Has worked great for us!

I am just glad I can get both of these in 2 quick stops, no shipping, plus like I said it seems to work all the same around here.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Originally Posted By: BlackGSDIs there that much difference in the effects of the Grizzly or Alaskan Bear oil VS the "cheapo" Salmon oil capsules they have at Walmart?

Several years ago I gave my dogs Salmon oil and Vit E. But the only place I could notice any difference was in my wallet. I couldn't see any difference in the dogs when they were on it vs when they weren't.
I am not sure if there is any difference between the "cheapo" caps and the grizzly/alaskan products, but I did start Kelso on the salmon oil (Grizzly) at about 5-6 months as he was having some dandruff. It could have been puppy dandruff ect., but when we got Allie as a rescue and she was at about a year old I will say her coat has improved vastly with the salmon oil.

Some people will say the only difference they notice on more expensive food vs. other types of food is in their wallet as well
Ours have done equally well on grain foods vs grain free foods, the best they do is probably on just raw. Depends on the dog, and what works in my opinion.
But my opinion on this is that the salmon oil works, and well.
for our two!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.