German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently I switched my dog to RAW food. Actually I buy pre-made RAW for now.
So far my dog is doing fine on this type of food.
I started him on the chicken and will later introduce more protein variety (beef, lamb, turkey).
As stated above right now he is on pre-made RAW food in the form of frozen paddies. His anticipated weight is 78 pounds. Presently he is 16 months old and weighs 71 pounds. He is an active dog. He is being fed total 2 pounds per day (divided into 2 meals).

Current RAW diet of pre-made frozen paddies consists of following:
Full Chicken Dinner:
75% meat, bones, and internal organs, 25% veggies and fruits
Chicken (bone in), organ meats, fresh whole eggs with shells, carrots, apples, pumpkin, romaine lettuce, alfalfa and kelp (everything fine ground).

Planing to introduce
Full Beef Dinner:
75% Meat & Bone (out of 75%, 20% is bone); 10% Offal; 10% Vegetables; 5% Fruit.
Beef triple ground with minced bone, offal, seasonal fruits (apples, pears), vegetables (carrots, romaine lettuce, spinach, broccoli, celery, parsley), garlic.

All meat is claimed to be free range fed, antibiotic and hormone free, fit for human consumption.

Is the above any good?
I wanted to know what do you think about supplementing organic unpasteurized apple cider vinegar to dogs RAW food? Do you have any experience to share about this supplement? Pro and Cons?

Also, are there any Calgary RAW feeders on this board that could share their buying secrets with me to keep the RAW feeding cost low (approx $90 to $110 per month).

Thank you all.
:)

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Sorry - I missed your post!

As for the ACV - I used to do it in my veggie mix but gave it up ... and the veggies. I saw no difference after I stopped.

Buying premades is always going to cost more. I have no connections in Canada but if you go to Yahoo groups and search using 'raw feeding canada' you will find several groups (not sure what ones are close to you).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts