German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 7 1/2 month GSD and he is just wonderful. He weighs 87lbs right now and is 27.5" tall from the ground to his shoulders and is just a big goof. Hes not over weight according to the vet just a big dog. My question is one of his ears is floppy and was wondering if there is a chance it still could come up. At this age most people say it wont. I really do not care if it does because I love him to death no matter what. And I will not tape or glue them as I figure if it was meant to be it will. I was just wondering if anyone had there dogs ears go up at an older age? Thanks

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Does it ever come up on it's own even briefly? You can try lots of knuckle bones and other hard bones for him to chew and strengthen his jaws and head muscles but it may not ever stand on it's own even with taping and gluing.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Have you looked in the puppy section on this forum? There's an entire section for our pups 'Ears Up'

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His ear comes up once in a while for a second. If he gets real excited it will go up for a sec but not real strong. Some days it will be 3/4 up all day so it makes me think there is a chance. But like I said it really does not matter. I just have heard some people say there gsd ears didnt come up until after 1 year old. I was just wondering if him being so big had any play in it. He chews knuckle bones every day, he just loves them.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
7.5 months and 90#! that is a big boy!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes he is lol. He reminds me of a horse when he runs or more like gallop lol. But this breed is just the best friend you can have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts