German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
But I do agree it’s my mistake. I went about it all wrong & believed somebody kind of blindly. & for that I’m getting what I deserved. Luckily he is still a cool, smart dog. Hopefully he doesn’t have to go through surgeries or be put down young. My wife would do anything for him to avoid that. But I’m not sure how it will end.
I also noticed you originally said the issue is the left elbow, then later said you noticed him favoring the right in a video you were sent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bearshandler, if you read the other comments I have said twice now that I’m to blame. It’s all my fault. I understand I made the mistakes. We paid over $3000, way over, maybe read more carefully before you critique me. Mostly here to vent a little. It’s not ok to promise big & deliver small, period. It’s easy to say what your saying in hindsight & I bet you’ve sold dogs before it sounds like it. I don’t look at animals with dollar signs. But ya your right I screwed up. If you knew who it was you’d probably be surprised I think you know him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I also noticed you originally said the issue is the left elbow, then later said you noticed him favoring the right in a video you were sent.
Meant leans on his left. Sorry I’m not a dog guy I don’t get all your terms perfect.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
& if anyone is baiting it’s you. I’ve never posting a thing on here. Just wanting to get & get opinions. I don’t give a **** about arguing w people online in fact I’ve never posted on a blog or forum ever. If you don’t care & you think I’m baiting, why do you have multiple responses. Move on man go start another thread I see your into it. You’ll probably never see me post again once I’m over this. But you’ll still be fighting online. Have fun
Left and right aren’t dog terms.

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
I understand that you got a pup with a problem. That happens. I also understand that you are upset about it. What I don't understand is what you want from the situation? No one can fix the dog for you or undo the transaction past giving you another dog or a refund for returning the dog.

Did you get the pup looked over by a vet asap after you picked it up? Did you reach out to the broker and ask that he come check out the dog or offer to take the dog there for evaluation? I'm not calling you out or anything. Thee are just normal things to do when you get a new pup, particularly if you are inexperienced.

I get that you are in a hard place, wanting the best dog possible for your family and part of that is being healthy. I'm just not sure what can be done by the broker or breeder at this point other than getting you another pup.

Reactions: Bearshandler

·
Registered
233 Posts
I may be wrong but I think the OP may just want a channel to sound off and vent their frustrations, probably more at themselves in reality. As I said, it's done now and my advice is to enjoy the fella no matter what.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I may be wrong but I think the OP may just want a channel to sound off and vent their frustrations, probably more at themselves in reality. As I said, it's done now and my advice is make the most of the fella.
Exactly. But I won’t be back geez people want to pick a fight through a screen but in person it’s always different.

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
I'm just trying to help you out. I am sorry you are in this position and wish you and your dog a happy and healthy future.

·
Registered
612 Posts
@LWR please don’t leave the forum because someone said something you don’t like.

I think you are in a tough spot. It’s one we all hope doesn’t happen to us. Can you share the X-rays? Someone might be able to read them and give further advice or a second opinion.

I purchased my dog without seeing him first. So some on the forum may say don’t buy a dog sight unseen, but plenty of us have done that.

I made sure the breeding parents had good hips and that the dog’s bred by the breeder have good hips. Even then I knew there was a risk of some issue.

Was there a contract stating what would occur if the dog has hip/elbow issues? It’s pretty common to give a replacement or refund if the dog is returned. Some breeders might also give a half refund if you keep the dog.

I’m sorry your pup is having a rough time and I hope the best for his future.

·
Super Moderator
9,546 Posts
i’ve deleted some posts. don’t feel the need to explain why..... enough is enough guys!

Reactions: dogma13

·
Registered
323 Posts
Was there a contract in this puppy purchase? I know breeders, that I've dealt with, have a contract. If there is anything, genetically or unseen congenital, they will either, take the puppy back and replace with another. OR, which I thought was pretty cool with one breeder I dealt with, you keep the puppy if you like, the breeder would return purchase price. I would think if the problem with your dog is genetic, then you should, AT LEAST, get 1/2 of your money back, to allay any future Vet bills to correct the problem, or purchase special ortho products that would help.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts