German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I`m really more of a lurker then a poster on the forum, but I do greatly respect a lot of your opinions.
So my bitch Roo is now aproximately 1 year old and she has always been a scratcher. She is up to date on all her shots and HAS been checked for fleas, but the scratching has been getting worse recently. We decided to switch her to Kirkland lamb from the pedigree (crap) we were previously giving her and it has been aproximately a month since the switch with no change. Her thumping actually annoys my neighbour below me.

The scratching is in random areas. She scratched her nipples so hard they were bleeding. I was feeling the tips of her ears and noticed little bumps much like a rash but hard. I know she always had these as a puppy. I pulled on the small hair at the inner tips of her ear and the fluff fell out with ease which was kind of strange.

I am thinking it could be dietary but I don`t really believe this. Is there any form of vitamin i could give her (with a reasonable price) that could improve skin condition. She does have a bit of dandruff. I groom her about 3 times a week. I live in Northern and the temperature has shifted from about 30 c in summer to -39 c now.

Ideas

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Hate to say it, but you are most likely dealing with allergies because many members already have gone through what you are describing. Testing will help but it's not going to be definitive because I have done them twice by different labs with different results. My suggestion is to keep a diary of what you are feeding the dog and watch for signs of anything out of the ordinary. If the tests show it's environmental, then all you can do is find ways to make the dog more comfortable. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts