German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I have a private well, so I use my tap water. NO chemicals are in my water, it does have a high mineral content though.
I think the op meant "purified"

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
We have well water, and a reverse osmosis for our cooking/drinking. I just give the dogs well water, it is pretty good quality. Our water softener was out for about a month and I really couldn't tell much difference other than the dishwasher left the silverwear a bit spotty.

·
Registered
27,337 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
When I moved from the east coast to the west coast I had to switch from tab water to spring water for my dogs. They were getting loose bowels! It worked!

·
Registered
514 Posts
How does drinking RO water damage your health?
Non conclusive, but enough probable effects that I'll play it safe and use a dual stage.
The dual stage still eliminates a lot of VOCs and harmful chemicals and elements, just not to the degree that RO can do. But it's still in the 90% removal range.

See page 5 if you don't want to read the whole thing:
http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutdemineralized.pdf

Below is an abstract about the bacterial growth on the membrane at 35 degrees C:
Gastrointestinal health effects associated with the consumption of drinking water produced by point-of-use domestic reverse-osmosis filtration units. -- Payment et al. 57 (4): 945 -- Applied and Environmental Microbiology

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Purified water out of the refrigerator filter for Wolfie. We drink the bottled water.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
We have well water, which we drink from the tap and fill the cat/dog bowls with. The only time I get bottled water is when we go to an event and I don't want to fill the 5gal water jug to bring because it's so big/heavy. I should probably get a smaller portable water jug. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
buy a Mr. Coffee...ours last a year with regular cleaning with vinegar.
Got one. Yes, it's the only one that's lasted a year. Truly amazed me since it was the one on sale too! (But given it's been a year I figure it's headed toward its demise any day now. lol)

·
Registered
32,873 Posts
We had to hunt for the last one! I was worried they had stopped making that model. We tossed the last one because the button were sticking, not because our lovely water killed it.

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
My Mr coffee had the button stick too. It was always clean because it had only pure water going into it.
For the cost they work fine, I can't see spending big bucks on a bunn.
I like a coffee maker that I can see into the resevoir, make sure it isn't gunked up.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.