German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!

We are looking into fostering a "GSD mix" from one of our local rescues. We know that not everyone is a GSD expert and they often get deemed mixes, when in reality they are purebred.

This is our prospective and just looking for some insight on his breeding. He is 11 months old and has some GSD confirmation but his coloring seems off. Do White GSDs every come with cream?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
He is very much a mix, with low GSD content. I have never seen a German Shepherd resemble your lovely potential foster woof! His colouration is beautiful, though. Golden fur..

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Probably a mix, but I wouldn't say definitely based off those pictures. I know I've seen some white shepherds with that golden brown tint mixed in. This dog just has a lot of it.

Do you have any other pictures?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I do see German Shepherd there.

Not sure what else, but some GSD for sure.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Based on those pictures, I wouldn't rule out the dog as a PB. Where did he come from? Do you have any info about him?

I see a lot of shepherd in this one. Possibly PB, but also possibly mixed. It's really impossible to know for sure without a pedigree.

·
Banned
11,005 Posts
some GSD confirmation
*conformation ;)

He looks mostly or all GSD, with, as others said, "off" coloring. He's very handsome. Imagine him black/tan and you can see why he looks mostly GSD!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Looks to me like he might have some lab in him somewhere - imagine those ears flopped over :)

Either way, he's gorgeous! And so adorable - I just wanna hug 'em :wub:

·
Registered
852 Posts
My GSD has that coloring. However this dog's face looks different than a purebred, so its likely he is mixed. Regardless, he is gorgeous.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
It's hard to tell from those particular photos. The face looks like maybe a little Lab-ish but the angle makes it difficult to tell.

The coat color doesn't rule out GSD though! Although it is not common, it is not unheard of for GSDs to have coloration similar to that.
Examples, white GSD with cream markings:

There are also cream or cream sable GSDs but I think they most often have a black muzzle? At least the ones I've seen did.
Example:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I would say he's a mix with a higher GSD content. If i were to picture my boy as a cream colored guy instead of black, he would look very similar. If i had to venture a guess, i would say he's a GSD mixed with some sort of collie. His muzzle seems longer like a collie but it could be the angle of the pictures. I've also seen cream colored shepherds like that before as well. Without better pictures, it would really be very tough to say in my opinion. he does look very sweet though.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most definitely a mix, but 100% adorable! My best guess would be GSD/Lab mix.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Love his eyes... he looks like a great dog. Definitely looks like a lot of GSD in him, but he seems a little narrower--in head, muzzle, and chest--than most GSDs. Long, lanky legs, too. If I didn't know better, I would almost say some sighthound was involved. I really need to see his tail. :)

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I think he definitely has German Shepherd in him, but I see a lot of Labrador as well. If I were looking just at his face and pictured him with floppy ears instead of pricked ones, I would say mostly Lab. I wish you had a picture of him standing so we can see all of his body.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts