German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Can you prove this dog is pure? You have another post where you're asking for input on whether other people think your dog looks like a purebred, so you yourself don't seem very sure.

Honestly, looks like a Tamaskan to me but I don't know the pedigree of your dog (not saying it IS a Tamaskan, just saying that's what it makes me think of.)

Can you stack the dog so we can see?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
What is a Tamaskan?

·
Registered
518 Posts
What is a Tamaskan?
It's a sled dog out of Finland. Technically not a recognized breed (I don't think) but there are a good amount of breeders. Related to the husky.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here's a picture of one that really looks like OP's dog.

Reactions: selzer

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
just enjoy your dog.

this thread feels like you are looking for another reason why to breed your dog.

"rare" - TV show -- well recognized "star" Hobo (London and crew - because it was not even one dog).

just post the pedigree

·
Registered
13,884 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you prove this dog is pure? You have another post where you're asking for input on whether other people think your dog looks like a purebred, so you yourself don't seem very sure.

Honestly, looks like a Tamaskan to me but I don't know the pedigree of your dog (not saying it IS a Tamaskan, just saying that's what it makes me think of.)

Can you stack the dog so we can see?

Well as the thread progressed people gave useful insight and I also happened to receive her pedigree after posting. So as far as AKC concerned she's pure... on the other hand, people here seem to suggest that AKC amounts to nothing without both parents having DNA testing because apparently every breeder that doesn't have DNA record can just fake the registration by either a night caller which is by mistake but bad management of the kennel, or by straight deception if faking the birth from the dam. Some people here seem to basically suggest, for the sake of proving that it's impure that both are probably the case so my dog is not pure.

I KNEW IT
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/breeding-general/691617-looking-male-my-rare-coat-marking-black-white-pure-gsd.html

you know nothing about the breed , and probably just as much about dogs.

no support from me -
Dude I know it wasn't one dog... I said like from the TV show. I didn't specifically say it was just one dog.

You're the one that showed me as well as another guy that there were many dogs like mine on the show...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
just enjoy your dog.

this thread feels like you are looking for another reason why to breed your dog.

"rare" - TV show -- well recognized "star" Hobo (London and crew - because it was not even one dog).

just post the pedigree
Is it safe to post the whole thing?

And dude, what's wrong with asking questions to become aware of how to be a good breeder and learning about all the things you can do with your dog to get it recognized and earn awards to higher the value of your dog and making it a champion if possible, obviously, who doesn't want a well trained dog with titles and awards? I'm new to AKC and breeding so I want to learn, you act like you shouldn't want to learn and just never breed in the first place, then why are there breeders in the first place?

It just so happens because my dog has a weird coat and people won't believe it's pure when I have AKC at the very least, that's why I mentioned how her coat is unique and like the signature marking from the dogs in the tv show. Even if she didn't have a "unique" coat/marking I would still want to know about breeding.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Yes, it is safe to post the entire pedigree. People do here all the time.

There are experts who can explain the pedigree, if you like.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Is it safe to post the whole thing?

And dude, what's wrong with asking questions to become aware of how to be a good breeder and learning about all the things you can do with your dog to get it recognized and earn awards to higher the value of your dog and making it a champion if possible, obviously, who doesn't want a well trained dog with titles and awards? I'm new to AKC and breeding so I want to learn, you act like you shouldn't want to learn and just never breed in the first place, then why are there breeders in the first place?

It just so happens because my dog has a weird coat and people won't believe it's pure when I have AKC at the very least, that's why I mentioned how her coat is unique and like the signature marking from the dogs in the tv show. Even if she didn't have a "unique" coat/marking I would still want to know about breeding.

If you are truly interested in learning about all the things you can do with your dog I would politely suggest that you ask about what you can do with her before you ask about breeding her.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are truly interested in learning about all the things you can do with your dog I would politely suggest that you ask about what you can do with her before you ask about breeding her.
If you read some of my posts, that's literally what I'm doing.. How to get her recognized, win titles and awards and attend shows and show her abilities like agility, tracking, even police training I would love to know about working as a police dog.

Yes, it is safe to post the entire pedigree. People do here all the time.

There are experts who can explain the pedigree, if you like.
Ok, I was just told there was some information that could track you or something, maybe not anymore. I'll get a scanned copy soon or I'll post pictures before.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
What I said is that no, you can't be 100% sure because too much relies upon the honesty of people (paraphrasing). Yes, a breeder CAN cheat on registration. To do so, is crazy, especially if the dogs are DNA'd, but it would be hard for them to prove it if they were not. I think that if the AKC asks, you might have to provide DNA if the dog is still living and there is a question.

I don't know this to be a fact. But, the American Kennel Club is a private organization and it can make up its own rules for its membership. You aren't protected by the government's bill of rights or anything like that. If they say, "provide DNA for this dog" then you will if you want to remain in good standing with them. Their main purpose is to record and maintain the stud books for all the breeds they recognize. So, if there is a question, and there is a way to determine the validity, in order to maintain their reputation, I think they would require DNA from a member.

Members who refuse, would probably be disciplined as though they falsified the registration, something like a 2k fine and no privileges from 2-10 years. Now this is from reading old AKC Gazettes where they list those people who required disciplinary action. Fines might be larger now, and who knows what the other penalties would be.

Losing privileges would mean, inability to register litters, go to shows, show dogs, transfer a registered dog to another owner as a registered dog, so it can be a big deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What I said is that no, you can't be 100% sure because too much relies upon the honesty of people (paraphrasing). Yes, a breeder CAN cheat on registration. To do so, is crazy, especially if the dogs are DNA'd, but it would be hard for them to prove it if they were not. I think that if the AKC asks, you might have to provide DNA if the dog is still living and there is a question.

I don't know this to be a fact. But, the American Kennel Club is a private organization and it can make up its own rules for its membership. You aren't protected by the government's bill of rights or anything like that. If they say, "provide DNA for this dog" then you will if you want to remain in good standing with them. Their main purpose is to record and maintain the stud books for all the breeds they recognize. So, if there is a question, and there is a way to determine the validity, in order to maintain their reputation, I think they would require DNA from a member.

Members who refuse, would probably be disciplined as though they falsified the registration, something like a 2k fine and no privileges from 2-10 years. Now this is from reading old AKC Gazettes where they list those people who required disciplinary action. Fines might be larger now, and who knows what the other penalties would be.

Losing privileges would mean, inability to register litters, go to shows, show dogs, transfer a registered dog to another owner as a registered dog, so it can be a big deal.
I'd rather know 100% she's pure then not lose my AKC. I mean I'm confident the father is the father and mom is mom anyway from the start. I know the breeder, actually lives locally in the area (super lucky) and they seem like nice people. Gave me health guarantee and contract for refund if anything goes wrong, never had an issue except some watery stools at tbe beginning then she turned into the most healthy dog I've ever seen (I've seen many champion bloodlines and health-wise she is just as healthy) and so many people comment on how healthy she is in different ways like at the vet her teeth are perfect they said.

And she barks super loud, like ear piercing, but doesn't bark for no reason.

In fact I regret not being more knowledgeable about breeding and training when I got her because I want her to reach her full potential... now I'm trying to do that.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
If you read some of my posts, that's literally what I'm doing.. How to get her recognized, win titles and awards and attend shows and show her abilities like agility, tracking, even police training I would love to know about working as a police dog.

I have obviously read all your threads and they are named for asking about breeding her and her 'rare' color. Start a thread and ask people what you can do with her. There are many people on this forum who have done different things with their GSDs. They can give you the information. Ask people to tell you about herding, nosework, agility, tracking, obedience, rally, IPO. There are many things you can do with her.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I can't believe someone would look at that dog and say pure GSD....Maybe Ray Charles. Cute dog, definitely not a pure GSD. Don't care what the paperwork says. When was the last time the AKC cared about pedigree. Breeders can say the litter is from father X mom Y...and have it be father Z mom Y. Who would be able to confirm that?

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Looking at that very first puppy picture, I DON'T see GSD. Looks like a mixed-breed puppy.

The thing about the pedigree, is that the mom could have come from a litter that had more than on sire. The person who bred the mom may not have known that a bitch in heat can get impregnated by more than on male, and registered all the puppies with AKC. AKC just goes by the paperwork they receive. They don't request pics, or go out to check each litter born. So the Mom may be a mix, even though she is registered. And if she is registered, her offspring can be registered.

Or the Mom of your pup is pure bred, but was impregnated by another dog, in addition to the sire.

Either way, make this pup your learning dog - go out there and get involved in GSD stuff! Get your girl evaluated for IPO, get tracking titles, herding, advanced obedience. Learn for yourself what working ability looks like in what is essentially a working dog. Because breeding a working dog that won't work, is like breeding a Lab that is afraid of water, or hunting dog that won't retrieve. Lots of us have wonderful pets that, in our eyes, are just perfect. But breeders are guardians of the breed, and they fail the breed if they don't maintain the traits that are the essence of the breed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Guys we've already gone thru this my dog has pedigree with sire dna so I doubt the breeder will lie about sire with a dna record

As for traits? She has them she is always tracking, excellent bone hip should structure and very lean stomach that darts like a bullet when running can catch rabbits

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.