German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - our supermarket sells peanut butter, which contains 97% organic peanuts and 3% ethically sourced Palm oil. I was wondering what the difference is to peanut butter for dogs and whether the one for humans is suitable for our little puppy. Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
A little bit of that should be ok but watch out for commercial which may contain xylitol which is deadly.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
I get Smuckers, it is 100% peanut and a tiny bit of salt. I shake the jar up and store it in the fridge upside down so it isn't such a sloppy oily mess when you open it.

I agree with NancyJ, avoid the artificially sweetened ones. I personally think peanut-butter doesn't need any sugar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great, thanks both. This one has only peanuts and palm oil, nothing else, according to the package.

I wanted to use some to 'close' the hole of a Kong, that will have his regular kiddle in, soaked in some water...

What do you think? :)

I get Smuckers, it is 100% peanut and a tiny bit of salt. I shake the jar up and store it in the fridge upside down so it isn't such a sloppy oily mess when you open it.

I agree with NancyJ, avoid the artificially sweetened ones. I personally think peanut-butter doesn't need any sugar.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I mix pumpkin and peanut butter together, stuff some Kongs, and stick them in the freezer for a few hours. My dogs LOVE it. I just make sure not to buy peanut butter that has any artificial sugar. I'm sure your dog will love kibble stuffed Kongs too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts