German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am deciding to purchase a German shepherd puppy, he is black with a white chest. Parents both look pure only father and puppies do not have papers. I have grown up with many pure shepherds. The puppies are exactly what I want but I'm unsure. Breeder swears they are all purebred.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Do you have any pictures? How much white is on the chest? It's normal for purebred GSDs to have a small white patch on the chest and even some white toes.

If you want a purebred dog, why not go to a reputable breeder? If the puppies are exactly what you want, why are you worried about them being purebred?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am deciding to purchase a German shepherd puppy, he is black with a white chest. Parents both look pure only father and puppies do not have papers. I have grown up with many pure shepherds. The puppies are exactly what I want but I'm unsure. Breeder swears they are all purebred.
Dont forget that pureness is desireble of course but its not the most important. The most is that you will love the dog and he will love you too, and U2 will be very happy toghether! Enjoy it! :wink2:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Dont forget that pureness is desireble of course but its not the most important. The most is that you will love the dog and he will love you too, and U2 will be very happy toghether! Enjoy it! :wink2:
Keep in mind while there is nothing wrong with mutt puppies. If you are paying for and purchasing a dog marketed/priced as a purebred dog you should be getting a purebred dog. So yes in the case of buying a purebred dog the purity of the dog in question is important and anybody marketing a mixed as a purebred is being quite dishonest.

To the OP Pytheis brought up some good points. I would also post photos if available otherwise we can't even begin to say if they look like they could be pure or are obviously mixed. I would say it depends on the amount of white and the other puppies in the litter along with the parents. I guess I haven't looked at black pups and don't know anything about white patches on them but it is quite common in Black and Tans for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts