German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zelda is very talkative. She barks, whines, rooooo's a lot for attention, because she needs something (food, exercise, water, potty time, etc.) or when she plays (very vocal when she plays with a dog). As well has howls and groans sometimes.
Apparently, according to my sister, she must be part Akkita or perhaps Chow or something.. Because she simply is not a pure GSD? Do you guys see this? I have no proof on paper that she is purebred GSD. I got her at 4.5 months from a lady, the lady said her parents were large GSD's.
Zelda does talk alot, she has a short muzzle, she is decently small for GSD she is almost 8 months and weights about 50 pounds. So she could be a mix, i dont see anything else in her and really i coudlnt care less if she was a mix of everything. I love her for her personality, intelligence and lovingness.
I just feel vexed that my sisters friend and her just want her to be anything but a pure GSD, and will constantly try to point things out that would make her potentionaly not a GSD- for whatever reason!

The first couple pictures are of her as a younger pup (When she wasnt in my care, this was from her previous home) The next couple pictures of her a couple days before i got her. And the others are from her in my care.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

*these are the more recent ones.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry! I will attatch them, maybe that will work instead.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
In a couple of the pictures I thought of maybe collie, but most of them I see a pure bred GSD. German Shepherds are very vocal...I have two of them and they don't ever shut up.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Her muzzle does look a bit short, but she doesn't look mixed to me really lol.

I have never had a quiet shepherd. Koda moans and groans about everything.

·
Registered
32,416 Posts
She's a beauty! Looks like a long coated blanket back.

German Shepherds are very vocal. I think your sister needs to look at some pictures of Akita's and Chow's. LOL No way are they in that genetic make up!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the replies and compliments on Zelda! :)

I will have to share these replies with my sister, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. I have an 11 month old male, "Henry". He seems to have a shorter snout than most. the problem is I have had many people ask me what he is "crossed" with. I got him from our nearest german shepherd rescue centrte, who assure me categorically that he is a "purebred" german shepherd. How can i definitely be sure though. He is gorgeous and i would never let him go, but it is becoming very annoying. thanks, phill
p.s. how do i put a photo of Henry on here. thanks

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Hello everyone. I have an 11 month old male, "Henry". He seems to have a shorter snout than most. the problem is I have had many people ask me what he is "crossed" with. I got him from our nearest german shepherd rescue centrte, who assure me categorically that he is a "purebred" german shepherd. How can i definitely be sure though. He is gorgeous and i would never let him go, but it is becoming very annoying. thanks, phill
p.s. how do i put a photo of Henry on here. thanks

it would be better if you started your own thread. Would get more attention that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts