German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it's normal for puppies to not have barked but maybe twice since I've had them. They are both about 14 weeks old. A random puppy showed up in my neighborhood the other day much younger and smaller and was barking quite a bit so it made me wonder? Any comments?

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh rarely barked when he was little, now at 8 mos he's discovering how and when to bark, what kind of results he gets from it. Your pup will use his bark soon enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
luno was the same he is 5 1/2 months and only barks when he want to play with other dogs and even then that is rare. He only started this reaction maybe a few weeks ago. he barked at a stranger for the first time yesterday, instead of running up and licking him to death:wild:

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Navah didnt bark much when she was a pup... once she hit about 5.5 months - 6 months.... lets just say shes barks WAYYYY too much lol. I thought i was lucky with a non barking pup... i was wrong LOL. Its something we are working on now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Stryder didn't really start barking until about 8 months, he would just sit and take in everything. Now he will bark occasionally, but even if the neighborhood dogs are carrying on, he usually ignores them. He is more of a mumbler though, mumble, mumble, mumble...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Consider yourself lucky...my Abby is a bark-o-matic.
The first week I had her she went into 5 minutes of
nonstop barking every time the refrigerator kicked on.

Every noise starts her into automatic alarm mode.
And its an alarm that works 24/7...

·
Registered
32,491 Posts
If you would like to trade with me for a barker, there is Pain1 and Pain2 I would be willing to bargain with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts