German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my dog recently had puppys 10 to be exact. but they all have white marking on the upper chest and some even have some on the paws .8 out of the 10 have the markings . My dog is black whit a little tan and the father or so we thinck is mostly tan whit black on hes back .but after mating whit him another dog came and i thinck she migth of mated whit her by accident so i am wondering if there any sure way to fin out pls help . Here is the dog in question

·
Registered
864 Posts
Judging by the 1st picture I'm inclined to say not purebred. The sure way to find out is by DNA test, I've never done it but I've read a lot of members here recommend Embark.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Same. I can't really tell from the pics. It doesn't look completely pure from what I can see.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Yes, multiple dogs could be fathers of this litter. German Shepherds can have small patches of white on toes/chest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my dog recently had puppys 10 to be exact. but they all have white marking on the upper chest and some even have some on the paws .8 out of the 10 have the markings . My dog is black whit a little tan and the father or so we thinck is mostly tan whit black on hes back .but after mating whit him another dog came and i thinck she migth of mated whit her by accident so i am wondering if there any sure way to fin out pls help . Here is the dog in question View attachment 557678 View attachment 557679 View attachment 557674 View attachment 557675 View attachment 557676 View attachment 557677
Ok thank you ill post some more pictures standing up thanks again

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Standing or not, they’re likely too young to tell. Rehome them (responsibly) as mixes and have the new owners send pics at 6 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know but they are still to young to rehome i think i will try to keep them for a few weeks more they a 3 weeks old now .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want a good home for them and if they are pure bread the better chance that they will get a caring family but either way i will try and give them a good home and find ppl that care.

·
Registered
31,110 Posts
I know but they are still to young to rehome i think i will try to keep them for a few weeks more they a 3 weeks old now .
By laws in most states, they can not be sold prior to 8 weeks.

As far as them going to a good home, your best choice is to contact a German Shepherd rescue to allow them to place them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts