German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got myself a German Shepherd puppy on Thursday there (4-5 days ago) and he was 9 weeks old on Saturday, we called him Django.

He so far has been good, is picking up his toilet training and commands well, didnt whine at night for his litter mates or anything. He did whine a bit in the car but he's starting to get used to this and is doing it less and less.

The only real problem I have which I need to work on as soon as possible is that he has became so attached to me so quickly. He doesn't chew on me or anything (he does to my girlfriend) and listens well but he literally whines if I leave the room and close the door or if I put him in his crate for a bit of rest after play.

He has got better the past few days when I put him in his crate, if I put him in when he's really drained and tired, lie next to his crate in my bed for 10-15 secs until he's fully relaxed and then leave he's OK and I've done this a few times and left him for an hour or so each time.

The problem is where I'd maybe play with him and he's not tired, get up and leave the living room for 5 mins and leave him alone or with my girlfriend, he'll start whining. Its as if he will whine when left alone unless he's really tired.

Obviously this is a problem that I need to be able to fix so as not to annoy neighbours if I need to leave him alone at some point and he's not fully drained.

He has chew toys etc in there so if he's not tired he has stuff to keep him occupied.

Any advice?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hi,

I got myself a German Shepherd puppy on Thursday there (4-5 days ago) and he was 9 weeks old on Saturday, we called him Django.

He so far has been good, is picking up his toilet training and commands well, didnt whine at night for his litter mates or anything. He did whine a bit in the car but he's starting to get used to this and is doing it less and less.

The only real problem I have which I need to work on as soon as possible is that he has became so attached to me so quickly. He doesn't chew on me or anything (he does to my girlfriend) and listens well but he literally whines if I leave the room and close the door or if I put him in his crate for a bit of rest after play.

He has got better the past few days when I put him in his crate, if I put him in when he's really drained and tired, lie next to his crate in my bed for 10-15 secs until he's fully relaxed and then leave he's OK and I've done this a few times and left him for an hour or so each time.

The problem is where I'd maybe play with him and he's not tired, get up and leave the living room for 5 mins and leave him alone or with my girlfriend, he'll start whining. Its as if he will whine when left alone unless he's really tired.

Obviously this is a problem that I need to be able to fix so as not to annoy neighbours if I need to leave him alone at some point and he's not fully drained.

He has chew toys etc in there so if he's not tired he has stuff to keep him occupied.

Any advice?
It will wear off in time! My girl didn't let me eat, go to the rr, sleep or shut a door without freaking out. It's all a part of your bond! Which is obviously strong :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts