German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl was 34 pounds at the vet today, she is 4 months. Everyone says her feet are giant and she is gonna be huge, but I'm not so sure lol. I just wanna see the differences in how puppies grow. Let me know what your pups weight was at around this age. Picture of Renly from today attached ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first shepherd Ducky was a female and weighed around the same as yours at 4 months. She ended up weighing about 95lbs when she was all done growing.

I just got a new puppy, Bear, and from weighing him at home I think he's just over 45 now at almost 4 months -- he has a vet visit coming up in a few days for his last round of shots, so we'll see then. His dad weighed about 120 and his mom was just over 100, so I already knew he was going to be a monster!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Aww, beautiful girl!

Honestly, I feel like people say that all the time. "look at those big feet, they are going to be huge!". Even as a kid, I remember hearing that with our dogs growing up. I really don't know if feet size are a indicator, I would think not really. Look how the body has to catch up with GSD ears:)

I think it's important to do a weight check here and there, especially with a puppy, losing weight would be a concern and I would want to know. But overall as long as they look good, have good energy and are healthy, they will grow as they should.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Everyone says the same thing to me. i can say Athena had bear feet and her max weight was 101 ans she was solid not fat, Luna has huge feet as well and in S.T.A.R class there was a 4 month old male GSD that was smaller then she is. Her weight is in line with he charts so dont know.

·
Registered
942 Posts
My girl was 34 pounds at the vet today, she is 4 months. Everyone says her feet are giant and she is gonna be huge, but I'm not so sure lol. I just wanna see the differences in how puppies grow. Let me know what your pups weight was at around this age. Picture of Renly from today attached ?
Rollo was I believe 45 lbs at 4 months - He is currently 6 months old and 60-62 lbs! Yup everyone said the same thing about his feet and they stil do!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for all your input! Renly is just so tall and long, I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's done filling out! Right now she is as long and almost as tall as our 80 pound English lab. More pictures of her from yesterday ?

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Neo was born 5/23. Here’s his growth rate (chart started at 8 weeks) to approximately 1 year.

7/24/2017- 19.5 lbs
8/1 - 24 lbs
8/9 - 28.2 lbs
9/14 - 38.4lbs
11/23 - 60 lbs
1/30/2018 - 71.4 lbs
2/5 - 72.8 lbs
3/9 - 71.4
3/25 - 71.4
4/7 - 75.6
4/22 - 76
5/20 - 76.2

Here’s pics at 4.5 months, 7.5 months, 11 months, then a current one at 1 year.

IMG_2686.jpg
IMG_3618.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is beautiful! I love to look at how much they change from puppy to adult! I feel that renly changed over night from puppy face to looking like a mature dog in the face lol

Neo was born 5/23. Here’s his growth rate (chart started at 8 weeks) to approximately 1 year.

7/24/2017- 19.5 lbs
8/1 - 24 lbs
8/9 - 28.2 lbs
9/14 - 38.4lbs
11/23 - 60 lbs
1/30/2018 - 71.4 lbs
2/5 - 72.8 lbs
3/9 - 71.4
3/25 - 71.4
4/7 - 75.6
4/22 - 76
5/20 - 76.2

Here’s pics at 4.5 months, 7.5 months, 11 months, then a current one at 1 year.

View attachment 505029
View attachment 505031

·
Registered
121 Posts
He is beautiful! I love to look at how much they change from puppy to adult! I feel that renly changed over night from puppy face to looking like a mature dog in the face lol

Thanks! He has turned into quite the all around amazing dog. It’s amazing how “fast” they grow up, yet when you see them every day you sort of “don’t notice,” in a sense! His behavior, drive, and will to please, impresses us every day.

He is a very solidly built dog, but I definitely don’t see him being a “big” German Shepherd. I haven’t checked his height, but I’d imagine he’s a bit under or around average. At 76 lbs he’s within the normal range for weight and seems to be at about the perfect weight for his build. I have a feeling he will fill out maybe 5-8 more lbs when all is said and done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My girl was 32 lbs at 4 months, 43 at 5 months, and 51 at 6 months. She is the runt of her litter so she was small but now she's in the normal range.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Elva at 5 months compared with Clyde at 19 weeks - now she's 5 years. They're all different!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts