German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were at the vet again today (loki ate something he shouldn't have and had brown smelly sick, he seems ok now though) and she weighed him again.
So far he's been weighed every 2 weeks and is gaining on average a kg a week. Is this too little? I've noticed other pups his age are much bigger and I know as he's a crossbreed its hard to accurately predict it, but at the moment he's 7.45 kg at 12 weeks... Thoughts?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Sorry but I did not learn metric in school. But Fiona's goal was to gain at least a pound a week. At about 15 weeks, she gained 2 pounds a week.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
1kg=2.2lbs, so both pups are pretty close. Maybe I should have paid closer attention to mine, I only took note at the vet visits.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason I know is because he's been to the vets every two weeks so far! First for shots and then for sickness. I was just wondering if he was a little small for his age but I know I can't really predict it as he's a gsd cross. The vet said the same, that its hard to know with a crossbreed but she didn't seem concerned about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts