German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I know a lot of breeders use Pro Plan. It is probably an economics issue in many cases.

I like to grow them slowly and lean also. My vet encourages that and even if they grow slowly as pups, they still reach their normal adult size. I have been using Orijen Large Breed Puppy and Blue Buffalo Large Breed puppy. These foods are supposed to have proper calcium to phosphorus ratio for developing larger breed puppy bones. Of course, you can get a puppy too fat on any food if you over feed. I try to keep an eye on their weight and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Keeping your puppy lean is a must and keep the protein low so they grow slow.
this is not correct. higher protein levels do not promote fast growth in large breed pups. high Ca levels do, as can overfeeding (too much caloric intake).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh yeah, normal! She is a bit "hocky" due to her rear angulation. Most likely the rear will angulation will decrease some, she will grow into herself.

Your pup does not need supplementation or veterinary intervention. The PetTabs are okay as a vitamin supplement though. She is fine and I will bet you the "wobble" will go away as she grows into herself and tightens up from puppy looseness. If I had video of mine a couple months ago it would have looked the same.

Beautiful pup, by the way.
Hi Samba, we also have a dog that walks similar to this one. Can you help?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Samba, we also have a dog that walks similar to this one. Can you help?
This thread is ten years old. Probably be better to just start one of your own

21 - 25 of 25 Posts